Treat yourself, or someone special, to our Happy Eating Valentine Treats – Raspberry Love Shake and Chocolate Bark Heart!
Show yourself some love by making these simple Valentine treats. I keep a jar of this chocolate bark in the fridge, it’s rich, crunchy with little bursts of sweetness so is brilliantly satisfying if I fancy something after a meal. Here’s how to make our Happy Eating Valentine treats:
Raspberry Love Shake
For 1 shake you’ll need:
- A glass full of milk (semi-skimmed/whole milk or try almond milk)
- A handful of raspberries
- A scoop of your favourite vanilla ice cream
- A little cream to top (optional)
Simply blitz milk, raspberries and ice cream together with a hand held blender until frothy and smooth. Pour into a tall glass and top with some whipped cream and a raspberry. Beautiful!
Using some really good ice cream adds sweetness and creaminess.
Chocolate Bark Hearts
- Dark chocolate (60% or higher cocoa solids)
- Dried cranberries (swap with another dried fruit if you like)
- Almonds (skin on)
I melt two 100g bars of chocolate and make a big batch to keep a while.
- Break the almonds up into rough chunks using a pestle and mortar or roughly chop.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave. Put on half power and remove to stir every 20 seconds until fully melted
- Add a handful of almonds and cranberries, stir to combine then repeat as often as you like. You can have it mostly chocolate or jam packed with fruit and nuts!
- Pour the mixture onto parchment paper and put in the fridge to set.
- Cut out heart shapes with a cutter. Break the remaining bits up and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy with a Love Shake!
Whatever you eat, whatever you do this Valentine’s Day I hope you have a lovely day. Take care of you.x