Do you need some inspiration for healthy and delicious snacks? These coconut and chocolate energy balls are packed with nourishing foods to give you an energy and nutrient boost. No baking required so super simple to make too!
This smart snack option will give you a great combination of fibre, protein and healthy fats providing long lasting energy to power you through until your next meal. Energy balls are perfect to take to work, you could have one between meetings or on your way home so you don’t arrive home super hungry! Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 fats which can help to reduce inflammation in the body and also help to boost your brain power.
To make 20-25 energy balls you’ll need:
- 125g oats
- 80g toasted desiccated coconut
- 230g peanut butter
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir really well to combine.
- Roll into balls of whatever size suits you.
- Lay balls onto a sheet lined with baking parchment and chill for around 1 hour until hard. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you would like more Happy Eating snack ideas like this contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out about our individual nutrition consultations and personalised meal plans. Also look out for our Relish Wellbeing Meal Plan coming soon..