Rich in fibre and protein these energy bites are fabulous for providing long-lasting energy and keeping your blood sugar levels stable helping to keep you focused and on top form. There are lots of reasons we love chocolate, one being that it makes us feel good! Chocolate is a known stimulant and helps to reduce tension and boost mood. Make a batch of these energy-boosting chocolate bites so you can enjoy a chocolate treat as a healthy alternative to Easter eggs or chocolates in the office.
Ingredients – Makes around 30 bites
- 200g cashew nuts
- 100g oats
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 80g walnuts
- 100g melted dark chocolate
- 8 drops cassia oil (or use vanilla extract or cinnamon to flavour)
- pinch of salt
- Use a food processor to blitz the cashews, walnuts and oats until finely chopped.
- Add the dates, maple syrup, cassia oil and salt and blitz again until smooth and well combined.
- Meanwhile melt 100g of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly. Allow to cool.
- Add melted chocolate to the food processor and combine.
- Tip the mixture into a 20 x 30 cm baking tin lined with parchment paper. Press down until flat and firm.
- Freeze for 2 hours then cut into shapes of your choice or into squares. Keep in the fridge.