These salted caramel chocolate bites are perfect if you like sweet treats which are super healthy too. These bites make a perfect healthy treat. They’re like millionaires shortbread but not as sweet and full of nourishing ingredients! Sunflower seeds are a brilliant source of vitamin E which can help to reduce inflammation. In addition, the nutrients and antioxidants in sunflower seeds could help reduce cancer risk, keep blood sugar levels stable, reduce cholesterol levels, support thyroid function, help reduce anxiety and depression and improve skin health! In this recipe, they’re also combined with health-boosting dark chocolate and dates.
Makes 20-30 chocolates
- 200g sunflower seeds
- 340 g medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 200g dark chocolate
1. Blitz the sunflower seeds and dates in a food processor with salt and vanilla until it becomes a thick paste (this will take 3-4 minutes)
2. Put this paste between 2 sheets of baking parchment and roll until around 0.5 cm thick
3. Put on a tray and freeze for 20-30 minutes
4. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the caramel mixture, spread evenly
5. Freeze for another 10 minutes until firm
6. Cut into squares and enjoy!
For more delicious and nourishing recipes use our ultimate wellbeing nutrition guide which contains meal and snack recipes as well as a 7-day meal plan and shopping list. Available to order from our website https://www.relishwellbeing.com/product/ultimate-wellbeing-nutrition-guide